First, calculate the value of assets including:
- Cash, stocks and bonds;
- Intangible investments such as patents, trademarks and copyrights;
- Real estate;
- Automobiles, boats and airplanes;
- Life insurance, including proceeds from policies on your own life;
- IRAs, 401(k)s and pensions;
- Inheritances; and
- Jewelry, art and collectibles.
Then, subtract your total liabilities from your assets to get your net worth. Include liabilities such as:
- Credit card and other revolving debt;
- Secured and unsecured notes payable, such as home equity loans and automobile loans;
- Margin trading accounts; and
- Life insurance loans.
Bonfiglio Asterita Law is a well diversified law firm that delivers high quality and creative legal representation to a diverse clientele both in New York and New Jersey. Our Law Office focuses on Real Estate Law, Wills, Trusts, Estates, Business Law, Family Law and Lending Services in New Jersey and New York. Our broad range of practice areas provide clients with a one-stop full service source for all of their legal needs. Our practice areas include real estate, including private and commercial purchases and sales, and we provide mortgage loan closing and settlement services to many lenders in mortgage lending transactions throughout New York and New Jersey.